WLB Staffing Solutions
Sr Project Manager (02414465)
Location: St Paul, MN Map
Job Type: Direct
Year(s) Exp: 8 - 15
Salary: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00
Full Benefits: Yes
Relo Exp: Yes
My client firm specializing in full service heavy civil construction and engineering is looking for a Senior Project Manager that is that "Go To" person with the "Can Do" attitude. This person needs to be a problem solver that never says never. The client firm specializes in geotechnical, underground, dam construction and rehabilitation, water resources infrastructure rehabilitation, as well as typical heavy civil services.
Duties and requirements:
• Know and understand the project's contract documents scope of work, to include drawings and specifications.
• Set project master schedule, using Critical Path Method techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
• Set up and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure and Productivity Monitoring System. Review with other project team members and supervisors.
• Manage document control, receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents, maintain document control log.
• Perform field estimating and develop change orders.
• Prepare monthly Project Status Reports and Cost and Revenue Forecasts.
• Attend and support internal planning and coordination meetings.
• Responsible for purchasing and procurement.
• Responsible for ensuring that the project quality/assurance control program is implemented successfully.
• Responsible for subcontract management.
• Will periodically act as managing project engineer/coordinator on several projects.
• Provide supervision, mentoring and training for lower level engineers.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and delegation. Must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates. Must have working knowledge of Critical Path Method scheduling, unit man-hour performance, accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates, equipment management and subcontracts.
Outstanding benefits package to include a company vehicle.